Toddler Allergies...

I just recently found out that my 17 month old son is allergic to eggs and milk. I have started him on soy milk and he seems to be okay with it. Does anyone know of any good websites that I can find food for him to eat? I am having a hard time finding things to accomodate his new diet...

oneprittygirl

Asked by oneprittygirl at 11:38 AM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Health

• There's a group on here that's OK. Babies and toddlers with food allergies. And kidswithfoodallergies.org
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 12:32 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Could he take Goats milk? That would be a better option than soy if he can drink it.
    Eggs is a hard one. Just know that in baking you can substitute eggs for applesauce plus baking soda (I dont know how much of each but you can google it.)
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 12:33 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• You can also give rice milk. It doesn't have to be refrigerated until it's opened so you find it in boxes in the baking isle. It comes in regular, like milk, but also in vanilla and chocolate and it's vitamin fortified.

I have a ton of food allergies that weren't diagnosed until I was an adult. I had to learn a whole new way of eating and I know it's overwhelming at first, but you get really used to it. Soon you'll be preparing meals without even thinking about it.

Just be sure to really start watching labels closely. Even foods that you *think* wouldn't have egg or milk, will, like chicken nuggets, etc.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:55 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Here are some website will you will find dairy and egg free recipes:

www.veganlunchbox.blogspot.com

www.theppk.com

www.veganyumyum.com

www.vegweb.com

www.vegkitchen.com

Answer by rkoloms at 7:24 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Thank you everyone!!!! These things are very helpful!
    oneprittygirl

Answer by oneprittygirl at 7:47 PM on Nov. 5, 2009