Why have ppl been so unforgiving of our family for being sick??????????????????

I am a little sad because ppl in general have been indifferent to down right mean when they find out our family is ill. My dh,dd,ds and myself have been suffering from something. I had to keep my dd out of school for three days last week-it was fall break Thursday and Friday so that helped but she was way to sick to do her make-up work at home. My dh was sick as a dog. He eneded up going to urgent care,the dr told him it was cold. He came home and suffered like crazy for 4 more weeks weezing and looking ashen. I told him-go to the emergency! He found out he had acute broncitus with pneumonia. What bothered me about ppl was when I cancelled their dental appointments the lady got crappy w/me. When I tried making dr. appointemts w/regular doctors they were too and wanted us to wait three weeks to get in. When dh went to urgent care the dr just seemed to write dh off. We have not been to church for at least four weeks. Continued~

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Health

• OP~Dh went to a study group last night and said that he could tell the preacher was miffed. I think everyone should be like-stay away!! And glad that since we are sick we are not spreading it all around especially since ppl are dieing from flu. Anyway,just venting.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Personally I think the non medical people should be THRILLED that you respected them enough to stay home and not risk infecting everyone else. As for the medical people being rude and rushing you away it is for precisely the reason you stated in your last comment. The ER's urgent cares etc are overwhelmed with people who think they have swine flu and so they are a little miffed and rush you through. Is it right, NO, but that is the way it is.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 3:52 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• You are doing the right thing. I think you should just stay home as much as possible and rest. I hope you feel better.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 10:38 PM on Nov. 5, 2009