Could this possibly be my water breaking?

I'm 37 weeks and 1 day pregnant and over the course of about a week and a half , I've been expelling my mucus plug. This morning when I woke up there was still some mucus but I noticed my underwear was a little damp. I really thought nothing of it but as the morning went on, I then noticed that my pajama pants were damp as well. Could this be my water breaking?

mommyGarcia09

Asked by mommyGarcia09 at 11:40 AM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The same situation happened to me while I was at work. Its just increased vaginal secretions. You'll know for sure when its your water because it'll gush and your pants won't just be a little damp.
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 1:00 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• could be, I'd call the doctor's office. :) Good luck
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 11:42 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• porobably. my water broke at 37 wks. it was a small leak . go to labor and delivery. thats what they are there for
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:42 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• when mine broke i had to pee...and i thought, why have i been peeing for so long?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:44 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• i have read that if you lay down for 15 minutes, then sit up, you can tell if your water has broken because you will feel a little gush. not sure if that's true but maybe you can google it. good luck! :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 11:51 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• yes it could be my mother had this happen to her with my brother and her first baby. she was young thought it normal and a wk later she gave birth to him but it was a dry birth and she was infected and my brother had been in distress the whole time. so call your dr or go to hospital. my brother is a total jerk so he came into the world and a hard way and now makes our lives hard to deal with as well.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:56 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• it pry is. i would go in and have it checked. or smell it. i'm sure you know what pee smells like so if it's not that smell then it's pry ur water. good luck
    mommy2xp

Answer by mommy2xp at 12:02 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Increased vaginal secretions can make you feel like you are wet. It happens towards the end quite a bit. When my water broke I knew, I felt a gush, then it poured out like a faucet that wouldn't shut off! It was gross. I saw a girl in the waiting room @ the hospital and her water broke right there! Poor thing looked like someone threw a tub of water down the front of her!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 12:23 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Oh yeah, sometimes it' pee you didn't feel come out, and it doesn't always smell!lol
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 12:25 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Have you noticed color or odor? Is it continuing to leak?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:26 PM on Nov. 5, 2009