Do all daycare providers complain about other people's kids?

I see a lot of people complaining about someone elses kid they watch: they whine,they cry,they're late,they're early,they want to be held,they hit another kid etc..Look,kids are kids they aren't perfect.Don't you get paid? If they are late then charge! If it's that bad don't do it! It would really hurt my feelings if the person I entrusted to care for my precious child really felt this way about my child and was caring for her. I wonder if my dc lady feels this way. It scares me a little. BTW! I didn't say ALL daycare people do this, I get it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Nov. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• Ha!Ha! I just saw what I wrote, I didn't think all dc providers do this,but sometimes I wonder if they all do! Sorry!That's what I meant,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Yes, and sitters. Yada, yada behind your back and then their talking sweet in your face.

it is a dog eat dog world, not very nice.

Not every day care or sitter is like that. At least I hope. :)
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:01 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• You know, some people just need to vent and also have a lot going on in their life along with watching a whiny baby just adds to it. Esp if the mother of the child is always late or getting sick and not notifying the sitter of her schedule change and is constantly doing this! Maybe put yourself in the sitter's shoes before you judge them
    Anonymous

• Sometimes I will take in another child or two in my home with me and my son. I'm a SAHM, so why not. I watched a little boy last summer and just started watching 2 more little boys and I would NEVER say anything bad. Maybe it would irritate me if the parents were really late and didn't call, but I would ask them what happened and would NEVER say anything about their children. I wouldn't want someone watching my son doing that, so I'd never do that about someone else kids, that's horrible.
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 12:06 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Everything you just complained about comes with watching kids. Obviously you can't handle it!So do something different.I've had sitters change their hours on me too.If it keeps happening I say something,if no change I do something! How would you feel if someone said the things you are saying about your kid.Sorry but a "vent"is an excuse to bitch instead of find a solution to the problem.I feel sorry for the kid you watch and her mom.
    Anonymous

• Well I am employed with a company and thats my top job. We go to the house and we watch the kids clean the house so on.. Im a full time nanny and I love what I do. I think some people arent meant to raise or have kids or dont understand kids. I love being a nanny. It takes a lot of responsibility and caring. But i agree with you there prob are some day care facilities that are like that. some people should choose their employees wisely. but i love it and Im sure more than likely more providers dont act like that
    Butterflyluvn88

Answer by Butterflyluvn88 at 12:11 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Op here! That's really nice to hear mammie! Way to set a good example and show good judgement!
    Anonymous

• there are the 2 sides to this story, i have worked in prek , i have been teaching in a k-8 buliding for 6 yrs.....
    some people who care for kids (from babies to middle schoolers) dont like it, are easily annoyed by kids and should get out of the field.
    and some kids are more difficult than others. when you have worked with kids for as long as i have or longer a few stick out in your memory as causing so much more trouble and distress than the others... i work with the k-3 grades and i do think they are all still able to change and grow into better little people, so i go with that perspective. i dont complain about the kids i work with. likewize, my son goes to montessori prek and i have NEver heard anyone at his school say ANything negative about Any of the kids...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:17 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Just let your daycare provider know that you appreciate her. I know that you are paying her but sometimes we do feel taken advantage of when some parents are always late in picking up their children and do not call. I loved all the children that I took care of and treated them like my own. I think that with how busy we all are we sometimes forget to let people know we appreciate them.
    Anonymous

• Do you whine about your job? Be it retail, office, or whatever, does it get to you sometimes and you complain? That's all this is, people grumbling about a job. We just get a little more offended because they are dealing with kids and we are all moms.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:35 PM on Nov. 5, 2009