Pentagon investigating Propaganda from defense department, thoughts?

The Pentagon’s Office of Inspector General is conducting a new investigation into a covert Bush administration Defense Department program that used retired military analysts to produce positive wartime news coverage.

Last May, the Inspector General’s office rescinded and repudiated a prior internal investigation’s report on the retired military analyst program, which had been issued by the Bush administration, because it “did not meet accepted quality standards for an Inspector General work product.” Yet in recent interviews with Raw Story, Pentagon officials who took part in the program were still defending it by referencing this invalidated report.

http://rawstory.com/2009/11/pentagon-pursuing-investigation-bush-propaganda-program/

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 12:02 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Used retired military analysts to produce positive wartime news coverage? Forst there never was much positive news coming out of the media or anyone else for that matter. Second , thats just plain stupid.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:57 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• What positive coverage?? Links to the positive coverage that was generated please. Thanks. :)
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:08 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• The New York Times reported on April 20, 2008 that the Pentagon has been conducting a program in which retired senior military officials act as “message force multipliers” or “surrogates” as they propagate on major news networks the administration’s talking points on the war in Iraq and on detention conditions at Guantanamo Bay. These military analysts, seen by the American public as impartial and authoritative, are granted special access to high-level Pentagon briefings and trips. Many of these analysts have lucrative ties to defense contractors, which they can better serve with access to the Pentagon.

http://www.house.gov/list/press/or01_wu/pr04292008DefensePropaganda.html
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:24 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Why are you bashing on sweet? She's right. I could say the same for a lot of you who are on here with your same posts for hours on end bashing the president, throwing ACORN around, a few Michelle Malkin posts, etc. I remember a few years ago when this propaganda wing of the pentagon was mentioned. How quickly you all forget when the shoe is on the other foot.
    Anonymous

• Maybe the mommies are really concerned that you spend way to much time on here and maybe you should take heed to the concern, because you are on here all the time.

If you want to make a difference, then do it! Do it where it counts!

Cafe mom is not going to be the place where people are going to take you seriously, when you get your information from yahoo.

Anonymous

• Maybe the mommies are really concerned that you spend way to much time on here and maybe you should take heed to the concern, because you are on here all the time. If you want to make a difference, then do it! Do it where it counts! Cafe mom is not going to be the place where people are going to take you seriously, when you get your information from yahoo.

Are you talking to the NORMAL posters on here telling them they are on here too much? Probably NOT..and this story isn't from Yahoo, nice try though

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:42 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Was older here or something?
    Anonymous

• It always makes me crazy when people on here criticize others for being on here. Sahm work 24 hours a day 7 days a week. I carry my bberry around and read and post when I have a minute here or there. Probably looks like I do nothing else, but I feel lazy today and have done no less than 75 things. Plus I work at one of my part time jobs tonight serving, which is actually relaxing compared to all the stuff that needs to be done here! So shut up already! Mommies need grown up time too!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:21 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

It was stupid and illegal and PAID for with YOUR money!

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:07 PM on Nov. 5, 2009