what is a good option for baby cereal if you can tell that she dont like the rice kind?

I was just wondering of another kind that is good because it just seems she dont like the rice, she spits it out and when i give her a spoonfull she looks at me and almost gags on it even if i just put a little on her mouth just to taste it.

jpuls

Asked by jpuls at 12:04 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try the oatmeal one. As long as it is single grain, any would be ok.
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 12:11 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• you can also add a little flavor to it. I had to mix in a little bit (about 1 TBS) of baby food to get my son to eat it.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 12:15 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• It may be too bland. I mix babyfood,usually bananas or peaches in it and she's fine now. It probably won't change by changing cereals,they all mix the same and taste the same,I taste tested!lol
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 12:16 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Seeing from your profile that your daughter is not yet even 6 months old - she is still young for solids, and she's trying to send you that message herself . When she is ready, cereal has little to nothing to offer her nutritionally. Freshly prepared meals and fresh fruit are a better and healhier option.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 12:18 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• She may just not be ready to take on solids yet. Maybe hold off for a month and try again.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:26 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• you can do rice cereal at 4 months if your baby is ready. You can make cereal more nutritional by mixing it with formula.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 12:27 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

WRONG.
    Anonymous

• You can also use Gerber juice (or any baby juice) to mix with the cereal. It makes it a bit sweeter and not taste like paste. LOL Also, like pp mentioned, mix a little baby food in it. Babies like food that has flavor just like we do.
    Londyland

Answer by Londyland at 12:54 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I think it might be just that she's too young for solids if she is still spitting it out and gagging even at small amounts. Try again in a few weeks. Solids are really just for practice in the first year.

You don't have to start with the cereals at all when you do start. None of my babies ever liked them and I ended up just starting them on veggies. Just make sure you wait at least 1 week before introducing a new item so that if she does have a reaction, you can tell what she's reacting to.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:42 PM on Nov. 5, 2009