Does it worry anyone else that the Health Care legislation is being Rushed?

I'm all for health care reform, but it bothers me that Obama and congress are stressing how fast it must be pushed through. Shouldn't we be more concerned with the quality of the bill, with making sure that everyone has had a chance to read and understand it then with how quickly we can shove ANY healthcare reform onto the people?

Does it bother anyone else? I'm not saying it shouldn't be done in a timely manner but...

ethans_momma06

Asked by ethans_momma06 at 12:08 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes, Yes, Yes. It makes me wonder what they are trying to hide in this bill and why the public is not being informed of the full content of this. I am very alarmed at what is going on with this and what it means for all of the american people.
    Anonymous

• Absolutely. The rush to get it done and the lack of reform and the mass amounts of extras coupled with the cost.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 12:11 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Yes and no. Yes, from the standpoint of waste. No from the standpoint of we have so many American's without health care. I am so so torn on this bill.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 12:29 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Yes. SOME people have said 'something is better than nothing'. To me that is naive and giving too much power to the elected officials. Some people have referred to one plan as 'no brainer"~ That again is naive. jmo..  Wouldn't it be sad if some people accepted a plan simply because it has a D or an R on the endorsement? Shouldn't it have the endorsement of the American People? Shouldn't there be a debate from all sides to encourage the best of BOTH sides work together and do what is right for the American People.  Or are people ok with Nancy Pelosi rushing a vote in by this weekend?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:29 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• No from the standpoint of we have so many American's without health care.

Democrats bill won't even take into effect till 2013. Why the rush to vote on something that won't be implemented for years?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:30 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• If reform is what our Congress wants they should take the time to get a bill that works for the people not for them. If they think it is so fabulous they should be willing to give up their Cadillac plans and be willing to use the public option they are touting as so great. Why the 6 month wait for people with pre exisiting conditions who may die because they have to still wait 6 months. Seems the same people dying now will die with this plan waiting for health insurance. Why not have tort reform CBO said it would save over 164 billion the next 10 years. Would free up doctors to not do expensive tests that are not needed which would save patients and providers money. This current plan has so many flaws. Both Dems and Repubs need to quit playing games with our lives and fix this. Both will have blood on their hands if they don't.
    Anonymous

• Of course we should be but thats not what the Dems want. The majority of them don't even care what Americans think especially if they don't agree with them.
    There is so much wrong with this bill it is not surprising they don't want you to know whats in it.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:52 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I am concerned alright.

It outlaws all private insurance after 2013.
    It makes gun ownership a reason for denial of coverage.
    It still leaves million without coverage.
    It puts the greatest financial burden on those that will receive no benefit from it.
    It still doesn't flesh anything out. People still don't know what they are getting or what the cost will be to their family!
    It creates more than 100 new govt agencies.

Let's hurry up and do it though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <<>>
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:06 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I don't get it either. The urgency is covering those without insurance, and we don't need 1,000+ pages of legislation to do it. It's like the house is on fire, and they're drawing blueprints.

Shouldn't we take those people that are unisured and figure out why, then systematically remove the barriers until they're covered? First step, eliminate pre-existing condition denials. Then evaluate to see if that helps. Eliminate Medicare waste (which we should be doing anyway). Might be able to convince more doctors to treat Medicare patients if they're compensated. Evaluate. Remove lifetime caps. Evaluate.

Where did this notion that we need one enormous, massively expensive POS bill to try to fix everything come from?
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 1:11 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

I don't disagree with you (hence the first part of my answer) but if we don't pass something soon, we will push that date of 2013 even farther out. There has to be an answer that (and I am sorry, no one has thought of) that can achieve medical care for all in a responsible manner.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 2:38 PM on Nov. 5, 2009