baby name help

we are having a little boy and my hubby is James Franklin III so he wants his baby boy to be James Franklin IV. I do not want to continue with the name but he says i don't have a choice. is it even popular now to carry on the name!? i've tried telling him that we can have james franklin as two middle names and a different first but he won't agree. has anyone else dealt with this!?

girlie2

Asked by girlie2 at 12:11 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I personally think it's very nice to continue with a name tradition and it is still practiced. However - you are the mommy and no one will allow your dh to have the final say - whether he likes it or not.
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 12:12 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• aww James Franklin is so cute <3...sorry, not helping. I think its nice to continue a name, and when the lil man gets older your hubby can tell him about the history of the family.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 12:17 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Also, my personally.. Honey, I know you may not like the name .. but we all know how men are. they like to continue the name its a manly thing. Girl, you have to give in sweetheart my husband wants the same thing when we have a boy. His name is Marc Alexander ------- but he is the first and our child would be the 2nd. so let him choose honey. its a manly thing. and I think its very cute to continue the name.
    Butterflyluvn88

Answer by Butterflyluvn88 at 12:18 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I would continue with the tradition. It's been going on for so long, wouldn't you feel terrible breaking it? Plus it's such a cute name.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:30 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I like the idea of generational names. I wish my husband had allowed our son to be a jr. COme up with a cute nick name.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:34 PM on Nov. 5, 2009