Cereal

Can you just got straight into babyfood? My daughter didnt seem to like the sereal so I started giving her food and she loves it...this is ok, right? Whats the point of the cereal? Oh, she is 6 months.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• At 6 months I went straight into babyfoods with the Ped's approval. Before that DS was exclusively BF'd. I tried to give him a little cereal here and there afterwards, but he always detested it.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 12:21 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Babies have only "needed" cereal to wean them onto real food since companies started producing it and selling that idea.

In actual fact - baby cereals offer them nothing nutritionally except ridiculous amounts of iron - which because of the mass - is poorly absorbed. Babies of 6 months or more can eat real food, freshly prepared at home.

"Baby" foods lack in the nutrients you find in freshly prepared meals, and are expensive - and honestly - those things taste disgusting, have you ever tried some? Yuck.

My motto is - if you wouldn't eat it yourself, don't give it to your baby.

ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 12:24 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I mixed the cereal with fruit - it's yummy!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:28 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• You can...or you can skip the cereal entirely. It's not needed, really.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:28 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• you can mixed the cereal with the baby food.. idk my daughter was on regular table food at 6months. wouldn't eat baby food.
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 8:47 PM on Nov. 5, 2009