I have the Mirena... I get really bad cramps even when I don't have my Period... The doctor checked my ovary for cyst and none were found... but the cramps just dont go away has anyone else had this problem? any advise? Im thinkin of getting it removed what would you do?

mlopez139

Asked by mlopez139 at 12:18 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Health

• I would have it removed. I had one for 2 years and NEVER had cramps, even when PMSing.
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 12:23 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• i had a friend who had the same problem the first 12-18 months of having minera, but it did get better. I think she said she also had (it was either) really heavy or really light period and it only lasted 3 days or so, though.
    I think it is just a side effect. IF you decide to get it removed but would still like the conenience on the IUD, id try the copper IUD paraguard.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 12:31 PM on Nov. 5, 2009