My 6 month old doesnt crawl,sit oh his own,nor rolls.

That I could remember with my other children,at 6 month mark they rolled sat up by themselves and started to crawl.My 6 monthold son does none of the above he barely rolls half his body around. He does sit in a walker and bouncer with no problem.Are any of you moms experiencing the same issues?Do you think he may be one of the babies that totally skip this stage and or is slow at doing it.Am I just worrying too much.He is overall healthy no other problems.

nutymom06

Asked by nutymom06 at 12:18 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Don't worry about it. They are all different. Six months is young to crawl. Mine just started sitting at that point.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:26 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• More floor time and less walker and bouncer time. Most PT's and OT's recommend against walkers to begin with.
    Anonymous

• Mine both started sitting on their own around 6-7 months and crawling around 9 months. I would not worry yet, but I agree with pp that more floor time would be good to help develop different muscles.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 12:27 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Thank you for your responses..I have done walker since my oldest was little he now 13 ...I love the walker we live in a carpeted area so he wont go anywhere..lol
    he does tummy time but hates it gets fustrated that he goes no where but he doesnt try either..
    nutymom06

Answer by nutymom06 at 12:28 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I wouldn't use the walker....I've read that it can actually DELAY walking, etc. But, don't worry about the crawling! Mine didn't crawl til 8 1/2 months, his cousin at 8 months. He was just starting to sit good at that point and learned to roll both ways on his 6 month b-day. EVERY BABY IS DIFFERENT!!! Just make sure you give him more floor time. Tummy time, etc. Does he have a floor mat? To help with rolling over I remember putting him on his belly and just saying his name, eventually he wanted to see what was up so he'd roll over. And to help with sitting, make sure he has a range of different toys in front of him to keep him occupied. Good Luck! your baby's fine though :)
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 12:33 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• He needs more floor time and no walker. Hold his hands and pull him up. make him use his legs. put him in the crawl position. keep him on floor or anywhere he can move freely on his own.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 12:37 PM on Nov. 5, 2009