problems with mom continued...

first of all, I did call her to invite her to the party. she was going out of town for the weekend, so i didn't even tell her about the party, until she asked what we did for my daughters bday, i told her and explained we were doing it just for kids. she then asked if she could come pick up my daughter and take her out to lunch and to the toy store since SHE WAS OUT OF TOWN!!! I only later found out she was mad that she wasn't there. And no she doesn't try to make ammends, she is always invited to everything, from soccer games to dance recitals to bday parties, and she NEVER comes, she always has "something else to do". As far as picking up my son to go to lunch we live 45 minutes away from soccer, and yes I could have gone to get him, but he was sick, and I did ask her to come over and she said she couldn't because she had plans.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• I didn't catch the beginning of this but I think I get the idea and I have dealt w/this w/fam members as well. It's frustrating as a mom because if it were up to you you'd just let it go but you feel like you need to extend the olive branch for the kids sake. I could go on and on but.. in the end, it's all about communication and you can not be responsible for another person's actions. As long as you are clear and concise w/your wishes feelings etc there is nothing else you can do. SO: the formula to use is" When you.... I feel... because....and I want...
    This is the nonconfrontational way to once and for all try to get to the bottom of it. If this does not work, then maybe your kids are better off in the long run because while you want fam in their life, sometimes you have to protect them for being hurt.
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 12:38 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• i don't feel like i am making excuses, i feel that she is. I invite her and try to include her in everything, however she seems as though she can't be bothered. I just don't know how or if I should keep this relationship going. Maybe not for my benefit, but the kids. I want my kids to have their gma in their lives.
    Anonymous

• Maybe you could talk to her about this then....tell her how it makes you feel.
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 12:27 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• And noone is perfect. You should still try to make the best of things. But you need to tell her how you feel.
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 12:28 PM on Nov. 5, 2009