Has anyone used a turkey roaster???

This year, I am having more people over than normal- which means a little more cooking and a little bigger turkey. I only have one smallish oven. I am thinking about getting one of those turkey roasters so that I can free up my oven space. Have you ever used one? Did you get good results? Does it roast the same as an oven?

In my dream home, I will have built in double ovens, till then, gotta improvise- lol

ave.maria.

Asked by ave.maria. at 12:27 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Holidays

• I've never heard of that. My dream house has a double oven as well. LOL I usually make the side dishes the night before Thanksgiving, then I can simply reheat them in the oven (or microwave) while the turkey is resting.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 12:30 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• We have used them for years. The turkey tends to cook faster. It is highly convienent because your oven is free. They are not that expensive. Don't buy one just for turkeys though. They are great to make pulled pork/beef BBQ for large summer gatherings. Once a year we use my moms and my sisters and make one fuil of soup and one full of BBQ pork, buy a big bag of rolls at Costco and we feed like 40 of us.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:34 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Nesco 18-Quart Roaster Oven, Porcelainthis is the kind of roaster I was referring to.

GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:36 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• yes grneyedgrandma- that is what I was talking about.

momof3inTN- I usually make the pies and rolls the day before.
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 12:44 PM on Nov. 5, 2009