When did your child start using the potty themselves?

My two year old is potty trained (finally) but im kinda wondering the average age of when kids start going on their own without assistance....I don't want to rush him, just curiouse.

* By using the potty themselves I mean the whole shebang, going, removing of clothes, wiping, washing, buttoning back up...

ethans_momma06

Asked by ethans_momma06 at 12:27 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My son was 3.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:48 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Well, the whole thing?? My son was potty trained at 3 but just started wiping himself this summer (at 5yrs) I still dont like the idea, because it can get messy but He washes his hands well afterward.
    My first daughter was using the potty by herself at 2 and I am showing her how to wipe herself now (she will be 4 next month)
    My youngest was potty trained at 21mo and she is 2.5 yrs now and I do NOT let her wipe herself!! She has tried a few times and she is not ready!!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 1:42 PM on Nov. 5, 2009