Would you put place mats on top of a table cloth?

Does that seem redundant? My husband really likes this table cloth and I am more of a place mat person....the ones that we want match. Will it be stupid to put the mats on top of the table cloth?

meegan26

Asked by meegan26 at 12:31 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Holidays

• Not at all, that's usual.... or if you don't like placemats use "charges" they are like bigger plates that go underneath. Check out marthstewart.com for table setting 101!
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 12:33 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I think it would look pretty - more "dressed up".
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:37 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• As long as they go together but have you considered using chargers. the plate that goes under the dinner plate? They look very festive and you can get them fairly inexpennsively if you look.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:39 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I also think it would look very pretty as long as they coordinate :)
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:29 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• My Granny always told me that placemats are easier to replace than her 25 yr. old lace tablecloth, so whenever there is a tablecloth we use placemats. BTW, I like the charger idea also.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 8:10 PM on Nov. 5, 2009