If you can not afford to buy soda without Food stamp, maybe you should drink tap water

God, i hate my taxes to pay for people junk food: soda, chip, ice cream, etc....

Pay for your own friggin food.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• Is the view better on that soap box?
    Anonymous

• okay, but only because you say so! Your awesome!
    Anonymous

• guess you've never been on food stamps.........
    Anonymous

• I totally agree with you. I am always amazed how they don't have enough money to buy food but seem to have enough money to buy cigerettes.
    Anonymous

• As long as something is on the OK list for purchase with food stamps, you have not a damn word to say what they can and cannot buy. We all pay taxes on things we don't want to. If you don't like it, call your local lying politician and get the rules changed.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 12:48 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• It doesn't matter if you have ever been on food stamps (post 12:48) if you claim to need food stamps because you don't have enough money to properly feed your family then you should use it to buy healthy food.
    Anonymous

• You can not buy cigerettes with food stamps. You can only buy food with food stamps.

Answer by louise2 at 12:52 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Blah, blah, blah, blah. Haven't we heard this already. Yeah some people take advantage but there are others who really need it. Jeez what if the person really was craving a soda? They are not suppose to buy it because it's your tax dollars.Get over yourself. Try to have a kinder heart. Aren't there bigger things in this world to worry about?
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 12:52 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Why should someone who can't afford something for reasons unknown to YOU, have to do without for their kids? Isn't that the point of assistance? We qualify for food stamps, however I've chosen not to get them, because, as of now, we are able to put food on the table for our kids. I do however have both of my children enrolled in CHIP. (health insurance) Which is through gov. assistance.
    Anonymous

• I agree but some do need the help.
    Anonymous