Is it just me......

Does anyone else feel like there are a lot of angry moms on this site, I'm afraid to ask a question, I've been reading and answering, but some of these responses...People, the old rule of thumb, IF YOU DON"T HAVE SOMETHING NICE TO SAY, DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL!!!! constructive responses is one thing, but calling names and being rude!! How old are we here?? Shouldn't we be setting examples for our little ones?? Just because you think someone is dumb or rude or whatever, it doesn't mean you have to attack them.

mereinhart28

Asked by mereinhart28 at 12:46 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Welcome to CafeMom mereinhart! Seriously, just ignore the mean people. There are lots of nice people on here. I am fairly new here and have seen a lot of what you are talking about but met a lot of great people too. Try the groups, the lack of anonymity there reduces a lot of the mean girl stuff but don't let them run you off! Nice mom's ROCK!
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 12:52 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Yes, there are a lot of mean people here; you ask a question and get a nasty response, sometimes not even pertaining to the OPs question. I just ignore them.
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 12:51 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Don't be scared to ask your questions- to heck with those who have a rude response, and the great info available from all the helpful moms here makes it well worth it.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 12:55 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• that's the thing, any time someone is calling names or just being nasty, they always post anonymously...It's crazy!!!
    mereinhart28

Answer by mereinhart28 at 12:55 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• It's not just you. Nine times out of ten when I ask a question it's met with a smart ass answer that has absolutely nothing to do with my question. I rarely ask a question here anymore.
    Anonymous

• Just ask your questions and it's hard but if a rude mom answers that just keep reading the responses you will find helpful ones. You should be able to ask whatever you want and you know you're a good mom who wants to take the best care of your child so I have no idea how the rude ones have so much time to go to every question and make a mean comment I know I have a baby and a job and a hubby and I'm always going once in a while I get a break and that's when I'm on. Sorry that you just can't ask a simple question and get nice simple responses.
    ktinaza

Answer by ktinaza at 1:19 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I feel some moms on here just have thin skins and cannot handle the truth in my opinion.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 1:26 PM on Nov. 5, 2009