could i be pregnant 6 weeks postpartum?

I started the pill 5 weeks postpartum hadnt got my period and had sex exactally 7 days after being on the pill, then my doctor told me it takes a month for the pill to be effective since i didnt wait until i got my period to start the pill, could i be pregnant and does the pill really take that long to work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• ya plus..be careful because my midwife said its easier to get prego 3 months after giving birth because your hormones have to get back to normal.. and yes sometimes it can take more then 30days for the pill to become active in you, just depends on you.. and it may take your period a few weeks to come back to normal..i didnt get mine till almost 9 wks post after both my kids.
    good luck
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 1:10 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Yes, you can be pg that soon. Yes, it can take that long for the pill to start being effective.

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:23 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• sure can. i know someone who had a baby in january and one in december of the same year.
    phantomphan

Answer by phantomphan at 2:25 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• If you've had sex with or without protection, yes.
    Anonymous