What food would you serve?

I have a friend coming over that I haven't seen in about 8 years because she lives far away. She has 4 kids 8, 6, 3, and 5 months. I was wondering if anyone has any good ideas about snacks to serve? It needs to be cheapy and definatly kid friendly

Frogbaby83

Asked by Frogbaby83 at 1:10 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Pigs in a blanket. Little quesadillas. You could bake chicken and cut them into chicken fingers.
    Mini sandwiches with pb and j. You could find a recipe for easy veggie wraps. Wrap hot dogs in tortilla shells and cut them in half so there are more portions.

Thats all I can think of right off for snacky things.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:18 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• You could grill hotdogs and hamburgers with mac n cheese and chips as sides. Or make chip dip with velveeta cheese rotel and hamburger meat. Spaghetti feeds several people and is cheap and easy.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 1:15 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Sorry, I guess I should have said Snacky food
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 1:16 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• A veggie tray, cheese ball with crackers, pigs in a blanket (take crescent roll dough, cut into 1/4" strips, wrap around little smokies sausages and bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes til the crescent rolls are browned), make sure to have 100% juice boxes and maybe little cartons of milk, and whatever your friend likes to drink. Tortilla chips with salsa con queso (the velveeta recipe goes over well at my house--16 oz velveeta melted slowly with 1 can mild rotel tomatoes). I'm sure the focus won't be on the food, but those things are low cost, easy, and very kid friendly and yummy.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:16 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Salami rolls, I have yet to find someone who doesn't like them
    roll of the refrigerated crescent rolls, cream cheese, sliced salami
    unroll the rolls, then pinch together the seams for each pair so it makes a rectangle. spread with cream cheese, place salami covering it except for one edge. Roll up, wrap in wax paper and refrigerate till a bit firmer (usually at least 15 min, but I often make these up to a day ahead of time). Preheat oven to temp suggested on rolls. Slice the rolls into rounds somewhere between 1/4 and 1/2 inch. bake till bread is golden brown, usually the shortest time on the package minus 1-2 min. They look great, they taste great, and they can be made ahead of time.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 1:24 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Pork Loins with some kind of potato is always good and add a veggie.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 1:25 PM on Nov. 5, 2009