neighborhood hater....

i think i am the one in the neighborhood that nobody likes.people are slandering my name.i think i wronged the right person...the person that was going to give me the hard time and not let me live it down.my daughter is in 5th grade so there will be alot of graduation events this yr.alot of moms.alot that dont know me but dont like me either.i have tried to right this wrong but to no avail.these other moms dont even talk to me and they dont even know me.and its starting to linger on to my child...what to do? :( and the funny thing is that im not even the one who did it.her child slapped my child in the face twice.i didntmake a big deal out of it.i did talk to her but as you know her child can do no wrong so now everything i do she takes out of context and exploits...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• So what is new, this is happening everywhere.

Just grin and bare it, clear your name with out bad mouthing anyone. I have been in this situation, KIDS WILL BE KIDS, AND WE SHOULD NOT GET INVOLVED UNLESS IT ENDANGERS THEM.
    Hitting is a no, no-

Just end it like that: KIDS will be Kids, and ignore the ignorant one.

KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:25 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• It does happen everywhere. And she's in 5th grade but you're worried about graduation events NOW? Hell, most of the people involved right now might not be there by the time graduation comes around in 7 more years.
    Anonymous

• Keep your head high, do the RIGHT things at all times and stop worrying about what others think of you. As long as you DO RIGHT at all times...no more wronging people...then the rest doesn't matter.

Anon :06, I think the OP was referring to 5th grade commencement....the next step is middle school for many.

OP, I don't know about your area...but where I am I practically never see the other moms ANYWAY. Don't borrow trouble. By June this'll all be forgotten.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:42 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• That happened to my sister almost exactly. She rented a big inflatable slide and told all the kids that if they wanted to go down it their parents have to watch them. So they all came over and she fed them wine spritzer and hor derves. Anyways it worked really well. She wowed with her hospitality and encyclopedia like knowledge of clean kid jokes. I was very impressed. I think the slide was like a hundred bucks but it was one of her kids b-days anyway. She also made sure to invite plenty of kids they knew would come too.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 2:57 PM on Nov. 5, 2009