How can i do this

i want to make teddy bears and i need to know howto make them . Do any moms out there know how??? so i can dress them up. am looking for some team players to help me get Pray& Believe out there .

keri178

Asked by keri178 at 1:22 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Well, there's a guy I work with that sews his own bears for a summer time job, and he makes 3-4 of them a day. I haven't really talked about it too much with him because I don't really work with him too much, but I believe he uses patterns for the bear, and you can scale them for whatever size you like, then it's just a matter of being able to sew them together. If you like I can talk with him more later about it.
    Zennie2005

Answer by Zennie2005 at 7:00 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Google how to make a stuffed bear...or bear sewing patterns.
    Craftymomof3

Answer by Craftymomof3 at 5:51 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Country Handcrafts puts out Teddy Bear books and patterns that are really cute. Look at the competition, like Vermont Teddy Bears, and see what themes they offer. I am sure there must be online groups for Bear lovers. One guy I worked with had an entire room of Beenie Bears. (another story)
    Visit a Build a Bear workshop to see their process. It should give you ideas.
    Make a variety of sizes and use joints in some as well. Your local library is a good source, crafts section, or toymaking books, as well as doing an online search.
    DogsMom

Answer by DogsMom at 12:10 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I wanted to make teddy bears too! I found a very simple pattern. It is only 4 pieces and is easy enough for a beginner to sew. The pattern has a bear, bunny, and a dog, so you can make a bunch of different ones for friends and family too! If your town doesn't have a fabric store, you can purchase a cheap micro-fiber blanket for a very soft animal. Here is a link to order the pattern online if you can't find it in stores: Simplicity Crafts Pattern NO: 9524

http://www.simplicity.com/Search.aspx?SearchTerm=9524&x=0&y=0

Dessahkristene

Answer by Dessahkristene at 2:56 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• There is an easy 2 piece pattern from either mccalls or simplicity i think. Check out the fabric stores when patterns are on sale :)
    southernlamom

Answer by southernlamom at 10:34 PM on Nov. 18, 2009