Horrible Rash, Not Her Booty Though, Her JayJay.

So DD is a little over a year old, and last week we completely weaned off the boob. Since then she's been getting water, juice, all regular foods, everything we eat, she eats, and I can't quite figure out why this rash won't go completely go away. I change her often enough, put cream on her lips, which is where the rash is more often than not. Any ideas mamas? I know, not much details, but I can't really list everything we eat, cause I'm pregnant and we eat alot. I try to give her more water than juice, water her juice down, and I am just at a loss. Anyone dealt with this before? Some of the foods we eat are acidic, but not all of them are. I just want my baby to stop being in pain.

Sparta.

Asked by Sparta. at 1:31 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Could be a yeast infection or some other type of bacteria. .

If it isn't, have you tried aquaphore? Its the best thing in the world for regular rashes.
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 1:41 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• My first thought is yeast rash. Like PP, I recommned aquaphor. Put it on at every change, whether she is red or not. It works to prevent the skin from having more irritation.
    Anonymous

• How can I tell if it's a yeast infection? Sometimes it's on her booty too? What can I do to help it? I feed her yogurt, which is what my mama swears by.
    Sparta.

Answer by Sparta. at 1:52 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• And what is aquaphore, and where can i find it?
    Sparta.

Answer by Sparta. at 1:53 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• my lil one had this problem too when i weaned her. i let her sleep naked at night or naps( she only has peeed 2 in 2 months. and use corn starch( it is very cheap.use a rag to wipe her instead of a baby wipe. until it goes away completely
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 1:54 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Jayjay?

If you eat a lot of acidic foods, that could be it. Stop the acidic foods...especially all citrus. I say this because my son is sensitive to citrus and his poop would literally leave burns on his butt.

Lotrimin AF three times a day, a barrier cream at all other diaper changes. Soak in water with baking soda. NO SOAP, no wipes...only a wash cloth with warm water at diaper changes and don't let her sit in soapy water at baths. (showering would be better) Make sure she is dry completely before putting a diaper back on her.
    Anonymous

• My daughter is the same age and has the same thing going on. We haven't really changed her diet lately. We eat lots of yogurt, too. I thought it might be teeting. I let her go diaper free for 10 minutes or so at changing time, and I loaded her up with a ridiculous amount of Balmex last night, and that significantly improved her rash.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 1:58 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• For heaven's sakes, VAGINA is not a dirty word. Just freaking say it! And, it sounds like a yeast infection.
    Anonymous

• OK, anon, you're a VAGINA.
    Anonymous

• Vagina is not a dirty word, it's an anatomically correct word. The truth of the matter is, most people don't go around saying phalanges, cranium or abdomen. They say fingers/toes, head and stomach. Do you bitch at people who call the area around the belly button the tummy? Or anyone that uses noggin instead of head? Butt instead of gluteals? Not everyone includes "sphincter" in their repertoire.

Now let's focus on helping the baby with the hoo hah rash.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 2:26 PM on Nov. 5, 2009