Would it be werid to have my hubbies friend over when hubby is not home?

My dh is out of town working. Since he left his best friend calls all the time to check up on me and see if i need help or anything. Today he called and told me he is coming over to help me with the kids. What do you think and what would you do about this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• Does your husband know?? Make sure he's okay with it, but I don't see anything wrong with it.
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 1:39 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I would not let him come over. Tell him you can handle things while you HUSBAND is gone. Sounds like he likes you more than his bestfriend.
    Anonymous

• The only reason my Hubby's friends come around is to help with something I can't handle. Like carrying drywall in, or trading vehicles so I can haul something in his truck, etc.. Otherwise when it comes to the kids I don't need any help. My Hubby is away a month at a time with his job and I can handle the kids just fine... I don't feel he should come over for that reason. It wouldn't be right. IMO...
    Would you want a woman friend to come over and help your Hubby if you were gone?
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:40 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I would say thank you but no thank you.

It will only cause drama even if he is not up to no good.

KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:51 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I guess its ok as long as your hubby is ok w/ it. Seems wierd to me tho. If anything, he should be calling your hubby and asking him if its ok first. I know I wouldn't be too wild about it, even tho I trust my hubby and best friend more than anyone in the world. Just doesn't sit w/ me too well.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 1:52 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• This is a very bad idea. Even if he has the best of intentions, you are opening the door to a situation that is not healthy. Just tell him you appreciate his concern but that you do not want to risk having your husband misunderstand the situation, and ask him to please stay away. If he shows up anyway, then load up the kids and leave.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:58 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I see no problem with this in general, but I do see a problem here: it does not seem OK to you. Since it does not seem OK to you, it probably isn't - not b/c he is a man and you shouldn't have male friends, but because it feels a little weird to you (otherwise you wouldn't be posting here, right?) This either means that he is up to something and you are sensing it, or that you just aren't comfortable with this situation - and you don't have to be.
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 2:04 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• my husbands friend would come over to help my kids or me. i dont think its weird at all my husband knows that sometimes i go and pick him up and bring him to our place. i think its good that his friends can be yours too
    Anonymous

• Ask your husband's opinion about it. My husband has one friend that he is perfectly ok with him being here with me alone and others that he's not okay with. Maybe your hubby asked him to help you or maybe he's just trying to be nice. If your gut is telling you that this is a bad idea, then trust your gut instinct. Just ask you husband about it that's what I would do, because none of us really know how your husband would react or what kind of guy his friend is.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 4:45 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Well first i would make sure your husband is ok with it, then i would think of how good of friends your husband has!!! my husbands friends would never do that and if they did it would automatically be called cheating. lol but i think he is just trying to help you why he is gone. maybe they made a pack or something. lol i mean is there any one girl friends of yours that you would want them to make sure your family was ok if something happened to you or you had to go out of town???
    Dusti3

Answer by Dusti3 at 1:08 AM on Nov. 6, 2009