Let's make a list

Another thread got me thinking about how high fructose corn syrup is in everything and so I thought we could make a list of items that do not contain it. I have not been a big label reader as I cook from scratch most of the time, but it never dawned on me that it was in my bread . . . makes me want to buy a breadmachine. What products do you buy that do not contain hfcs?

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 1:33 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I make bread from scratch and I do NOT have a bread machine. It's actually very easy. I do have a Kitchen Aid mixer so I do not have to knead. I make bread once a week, I usually do it on Tuesdays, but this has been an "off" week for me, as my daughter has been sick. She went back to school today and I have bread rising now. Tonight we'll have bread and soup.

The soup is Bear Creek Country Kitchen Cheddar Broccoli Soup and it does NOT have HFCS in it. However, it does have a bunch of other stuff that I don't like and isn't necessary. But I haven't yet attempted to make cheddar broccoli soup from scratch.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 2:03 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Can I have your bread recipe?
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:05 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Oh, I bet cheddar broccoli soup is easy to make. I have been looking at labels and my Classico spaghetti sauce and it doesn't have it. I like to make my own sauce, but I don't always have the time for that. I really want to eliminate these bad foods. At least I know that my daughter isn't getting a ton of it, since I make most things from scratch.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:09 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• http://southernfood.about.com/od/yeastbreads/r/bl40112b.htm

You can make it with white flour or wheat flour... or a mix. I want to try sourdough bread sometime soon...

My Prego three cheese spaghetti sauce doesn't have any in it, but I do know that some other brands do.

I'm sure it probably is easy to make, I just haven't yet tried it.

I'm trying to eliminate the bad foods too. I've noticed the less I go with packaged foods, that DH and I are losing weight without doing anything different.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 2:19 PM on Nov. 5, 2009