How many of you....

Breastfeed or are going to?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I breastfed my first for about 3 months. Quit due to depression and anxiety. I was always weepy and cried all the time. The day i stopped i felt 100 times better. I wanted to continue and was sad when i stopped but relieved at the same time. Some mommies cant do it and some can. If you can it really is better. I lost 30lbs while doing it. I am currently 33 weeks preg and dont plan on breastfeeding. Only because i know what it was like with the first and dont wanna go through it again. I wish you all the best of luck.
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 1:47 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• My son is a month old, we always planned on breastfeeding and we are going strong!
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 1:42 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• i do! actually am at this moment! :)
    my DD is 6 months old. i solely breastfed her for 3 months, but this baby is hungry! she now also eats formula, rice cereal, baby food, yogurt puffs, and biter biscuits!!! (but she still loves the boobies)
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 1:43 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I breastfed my older kids and will breastfeed this baby as well.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:43 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I plan on trying to. this is my first
    Anonymous

• I also plan on trying. This is our first baby so hopefully it works.
    illyssaC

Answer by illyssaC at 2:15 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• The only advice I have is to make sure you have lots of support. My family didn't want to help at all so my breastfeeding try only lasted a month and I still feel bad about that. They just didn't see the point in it and didn't want to help with anything, so make sure everyone is on board.
    phantomphan

Answer by phantomphan at 2:15 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• i do and i use supplements as well. it's alot harder than i thought it would be and i refuse to give up. i want the best for my son.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 2:16 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I BF both my kids - it wasn't always easy, but thankfully I knew where to go for support. My advice to any of you saying "I want to try, but I don't know.. . . " Talk to a lactation consultant or visit la leche league. They are excellent sources for breastfeeding information and support.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 2:29 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Me, I have been for years!!
    :-D
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:42 PM on Nov. 5, 2009