How do you apply your eyeliner?

I have not worn it in years, but would love to start again. How do you do it??? Inside or out??? LIttle tips.

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 1:53 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I do mine from the inside out to the corner of my eyes. I like it super duper thing so after that I use a Qtip and eye makeup remover and make it the precise line that I love. lol! I also like to wear it inside the crease on the bottom when I go out, it makes it look a little more dramatic.
    dorie84

Answer by dorie84 at 1:55 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• On the bottom of your eye, if you put it on the inside of your eyelid, it makes your eyes appear smaller. If you put it on under the eyelashes, it makes your eyes appear larger. On the top of your eye, If you put it on thicker towards the inside it makes your eyes appear closer together, if you put it on thicker towards the outside, they appear further apart. I typically apply evenly though and use s smudge sponge to give it a slightly smokey, less precise look. It really depends on what look you're trying to accomplish.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 1:59 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• When I'm in a hurry I put it just above the top lashes, really thin. But if I have a little more time, I put it there, and under my top lashes, it makes your lashes fuller, (if you don't like fake lashes, it works wonders) Sometimes I wear fake lashes, and I'll put it under neath above my bottom lashes. Just play with it, and you'll find a style you like. You can go to youtube.com. there's tons of makeup, hairstyle and all kinds of different tutorials to watch, they help alot too!
    prego_w_1st

Answer by prego_w_1st at 3:03 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Agree with PP, go to You Tube, there are prof. makeup artists with demos and tons of good tips
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:56 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Eyeliner...it's a tricky business. It really depends on your eye shape and bone structure as to what would work best for you. I agree with those who suggested checking out videos. I know I've gone to Smashbox.com to look at their professional videos. Also I think Elle magazine now does a shout-out every issue, highlighting the best online how-to beauty videos.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 6:09 PM on Nov. 9, 2009