Has anyone ever had a triple screening blood test? If so, what was the outcome?

Also, what was the reasoning for getting the test?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I done those bloodtests at 15wks...mine tested for spinal bifida and downs and one other thing..they were routine i chose to take them just because the dr said i could not bc i had to...well i took those tests and they said my downs syndrome part came back abnormal...BELIEVE ME IF I COULD DO THIS ALL OVER AGAIN I WOULD NOT OF DONE THOSE TESTS!! THEY HAVE CAUSED ME NOTHING BUT WORRYING SINCE I GOT THAT NEWS TWO MONDAYS AGO...Hopefully I will find out on the 16th if anything is really wrong with my baby..I have no risk factors for downs so were hoping its just a wrong testing error...Good luck if you decide to do them...
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 2:20 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I did with all 3 pregnancies because I was over 30. The results were normal.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:26 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I didn't do any genetic testing for this pregnancy.
    Kristen1010

Answer by Kristen1010 at 10:44 AM on Nov. 6, 2009