can you get prego...

on the last 2 days of your period my and SO had an accident last night, how likely is it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Not very. You have to be ovulating. If you're not charting your cycles, START. "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Wechsler is the Bible on the subject...worth a hundred OPKs.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:34 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• You don't have to be ovulating I wasn't when I conceived. I got pregnant right after my period stopped. And ask a doctor they will also tell you that it IS possible to get pregnant while you HAVE your period the PP is clearly misinformed on the subject because I got my info from numerous doctors.
    Anonymous

• You could have ovulated early....and yes you HAVE to ovulate to get pregnant!!! That's the only way an egg is released, otherwise it's impossible. Some women just ovulate sooner and some later.
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 10:43 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Nope I sure wasn't I ovulated before my period. I know my cycles I wasn TTC so I made sure I wasn't having sex when I was ovulating. Maybe you shouldn't say anything that you can't back up and don't respond to something when you don't know what the situation really is. Thanks.
    Anonymous

• Sperm live for 5 days, so if you ovulate soon after your period you can concieve. You don't always concieve the same day that you have sex. If you have long periods, or short cycles then there is a chance that you ovulate close to your period. So in other words there is a chance that you will be pregnant but not a high one. I concieved my son when I ovulated the day after my period ended. I had irregular cycles so I was testing with ovulation tests. You generally ovulate 11-16 days before you start your period. I also recommend "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" the best ever book about a woman's body. Good luck whatever the outcome!
    Anonymous

• whenever there is unprotected sex, there is a chance of concieving...those are the stone cold facts!
    Anonymous