how do i potty train my daughter?

my daughter is 23 months and she knows the what to do on the potty chair she just won't tell me that she has to go tell she's already done it in her diaper. i need help. Potty training my son was a brease. he was in day care and wanted to be like the other kids. Her i'm a stay at home mom and she doesn't really act like she much cares. please help me. I can't do the diaper thing for ever and as of right know that's what it feels like it's going to be.

momma020709

Asked by momma020709 at 2:24 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would wait. I waited until all of mine were 3 and honestly, the whole process took 3 days. I just put them in undies completely - no more diapers except at night. Accidents for 1-2 days and that was it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:28 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• My son also 23 months. He wears his big boy pants during they day and that has helped alot. I got Thomas the train and Handy Manny themed ones since that is what he loves to watch and he doesnt want to make them "yucky". I started when he was 18 months and just took him about every 30 min and as he got better and better at holding it in I would extend the time by 15 min. We are now at an hour and a half between trips. My sis and I did this with my niece ( I babysit for her and between travel time and working I have them about 9 1/2 hrs of the day) and she was completely potty trained at 2 and started staying dry during the night around 2 1/2. Hope this helps.
    Nicsone

Answer by Nicsone at 2:33 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• i potty trained my oldest in one afternoon when she was 14 months old after watching a doctor phil special on how to potty train in a day. all i did is take her diaper off and let her be naked and set her up in the kitchen to play. when she finnaly peed on the floor i said "oopsie, that goes in the potty" i had her go sit on the toilet and told her thats where pee and poop goes and then had her help clean up her mess and that was all it took.

my 3 year old however did not work that easily......i spent 6 months potty training before my baby came and she still has accidents, she has stilcker charts and potty candy(just some m$ms in a jar, i give her one each time).
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 2:46 PM on Nov. 5, 2009