Need help with naps????

My son is 2 months old and i'm trying to get him to take naps in his crib. At night he sleeps in his pack n play in our room, but i want to get him use to his crib so i thought i would have him take naps in his crib. well, everytime i lay him down to take one he crys crys crys. i dont know what to do! Please any ideas!

senthia

Asked by senthia at 2:28 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son wouldnt take naps in his crib either at that age. and he still barley does. i let him nap in his swing, he loves it.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 2:29 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• put the bedding from the pack and play into the crib also put one of your shirts in there so he'll know you're nearby. Its a mommy scent thing. I did the same thing for ine going from bassinette to crib
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 2:31 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I also let mine nap in the swing.
    OoShannonoO

Answer by OoShannonoO at 2:34 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• For an infant this small a crib is a huge space, it's why they prefer the basinet. A shirt may present a choking hazard, if your nursing, try laying one of the breast shields near the baby (not under the nose or the baby will wake wanting to nurse!) Don't worry about them taking to it, by the time your wee one is 6 months or just over six months, the brain will be developed enough to begin to sort sleep patterns. You may want to order the book 'no cry sleep solution" on www.half.com

lalafreduu

Answer by lalafreduu at 2:43 PM on Nov. 5, 2009