I would like to know what my options are in the custody battel between my son and his soon to be ex wife, if I know things about her that she is not being honest about.

My daughter in law cheated on my son and she told me all about it when she found out that she was pregnant again, she wasnt sure who the babies daddy was.

Asked by jescamilla45 at 4:58 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Kids' Health

• Go to court WITH your son, also talk to his lawyer with your son....It may help or the judge may not allow it......Let your son's lawyer decide.

Answer by vbruno at 6:36 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Personally I say stay out of it. Tell him what you know and let him handle it. He is an adult and should not have mommy helping fight his battles. That's a personal statement. She did not cheat on you and besides, if she told that she was cheating, then you should have told him right away. Bringing it up in court before telling him or so long afterwards will only make you look bad. Sit back and see what happens.

Answer by Queentdi at 7:50 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• If you want to see those kids when all is said and done, STAY OUT OF IT!! Take care of your relationship with this girl, as she is their mother. Do it as a favor to the children and yourself. I'm sorry that she obviously wasn't a good wife to your son, but be glad the marriage is coming to an end. Be there for your son-this must be hard on him.

Answer by musicmom77 at 11:12 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• my bf went threw a similar thing with his ex wife...she decided she wanted full custody after being out of their daughters life for 8 months. have every one you/he know write affidavits (SP?) (teachers, daycare providers, friends relatives ect.) saying why he they feel he is the parent who should have primary custody. in our case they had to be signed and notorized, and given to our lawyer. good luck.

Answer by bkristine_00 at 3:28 PM on Jun. 29, 2008