What are some good party Ideas for babies who are turning the big 1 ?

I currently live in Houston,TX with No family and 3 friends and those three friends have children in the age range of 3-5 and my husband have a sister who lives here and her daughter is 15...So how do I make my baby day fun when he has no age range to play with...So what are some birthday ideas besides throwing a birthday party.

aquarius2aries

Asked by aquarius2aries at 2:40 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• we had almost 15 people show up at my sons party. relatives, playgroup friends, and mutual friends of me and SO. it took place at our house. we didnt have any games, but the children (who ranged 7 m/o to 11) enjoyed playing with each other, and my son's toys. I also had a bubble machine in the back yard and the older kids had a BLAST with that thing! we all had fun talking to each other, ate some yummy food, sang happy birthday, had cake, I opened my son's presents, and everyone left soon after!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:46 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• For my son i had the same situation and i went to gymboree play and music to have my party and it was awesome! A bit on the expensive side but my baby had sooooo much fun and so did the other kids. i would highly recomend it to anyone! they also have places liek the little gym and rollie pollies i think its called
    masonsmommy921

Answer by masonsmommy921 at 2:52 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• this is my favorite!!!!! i love throwing kid b-day parties. here are some ideas....
    ~homemade playdough~tempra paints(if you add a little dish soap it wont stain anything) and a big white sheet hang on the kitchen wall to finger paint~whip cream fight, get everyone a can of spray whip cream and let them spray each other~balloon pop, put a tootsie roll in each balloon before you blow them up and let the kids pop them for a treat~ baby doll bathing, have all the kids bring baby dolls and let them give the babies baths(my 7 year old still likes this one)~buy foam tiaras at the dollar store and glitter glue pens and let them decorate their own tiarras~

hope this helps!!!
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 2:55 PM on Nov. 5, 2009