IS BV a STD? I have it but I havent slept around. The dr. said it's from douching.

Is it from douching?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:51 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Health

• it can be, becuz douching takes out the healthy bacteria that fights the bad bacteria, so with nothing downthere fighting for the greater good, the bad wins....in a nutshell...instead of douching I just soak in a hot bath with summers eve bath wash after my cycle or sex or whenever you are not feeling the freshest, its wayyy safer than douching.
    kiyad22

Answer by kiyad22 at 2:59 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• It's not because I got it when I wasn't sexually active. I don't douche either though, so I don't know why I had it.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 2:56 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• what is BV?
    Anonymous

• BV is not always sexually contracted! Preganant women and women who douche are at risk because the ph in the vagina changes cultivating bacteria that causes the infection. Make sense? So if you have sex with the infection you could pass it on! But it doesn't mean you got it from sex,most of the time it's cultivated from your own body.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 4:41 PM on Nov. 5, 2009