having a tubal does it hurt?

i am having a tubal at the end of the month and it will be two months since i had my dd does it hurt afterward? i am very nervous but ultimatly sure this is what i wanna do. so any advice out there?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Health

• before you even CONSIDER a tubal, you should know what the risk actually is- not what the Dr. tells you. PTLS  is not openly admitted by the medical community- just as until 10 years ago, it was not admitted that circumcision was painful!

I am 25 years old, 2 years post tubal, and experiencing NUMEROUS side effects related to, and caused by the proceedure. it is NOT cut and dry, things DO change in your body- not for the better. please do yourself a favor, for the love of life- know what you're getting into. PTLS affects more than 50% of all women who have the proceedure. yet the only admitted risk is associated with a bowel or bladder perf, or pregnancy.

ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:06 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• it was uncomfortable for about a week from the gas they use to blow up your belly to get at the 'bits'

and then it was a bit uncomfortable from being stretched out a bit.

I was sore and grumpy for about 3 weeks....

but it was totally worth it!
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:09 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I had mine done during my csection when my twins were born. I had no other pain than what was normal from the section. I'm not sure what your pain will be like since you are having in done a couple months later. I have had a few post tubal side effects, but nothing life threatening. My periods are heavier and not on what you could call a regular schedule.
    t_06_twins

Answer by t_06_twins at 3:10 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• The PTLS and the one website devoted to it was one reason why I decided to not get a tubal. I've had bad records with getting side effects from surgeries....having my gall bladder removed was the worse, they don't tell you about the horrible stomach pains and diarrhea that will plague you forever.

My husband will be the one getting a vasectomy, why should women have to have all the "fun"?
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:29 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• mom2jack04- i wish i had had the info before i had the surgery, i never would have done it if i did. the PTLS site is just one of MANY informational connections... once you start digging, the information just floods in... it is overwhelming. but thats a good place to start. i wish more women would take their health care into their own hands, rather than trusting that what they are told is accurate. it is very unfortunate that people make a life changing decision without all the facts. actually- it is scary.

OP- outside of the hell i'm going through now... it took me about 5 weeks to heal from surgery, and i have experienced "Phantom Pains" from damaged nerves (another thing they don't tell you). you will want to have someone go fill your script for pain meds before you get home- stop on the way if you have to. you'll want them. hope you decide not to do it though. good luck regardless.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:51 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Yeah whatever,there's a horror story for everything. She asked if it hurt,she didn't ask if you regret it or have problems. Now my answer.yes it hurt, but they sent me home with good stuff and I was up and going in no time! I love it! Millions have it done with No problems!
    Anonymous

• Mine hurt like heck, but I also had it the day after I had my baby. Just the first couple of days were really bad though, and I had to be careful not to cough/laugh/poop too hard for a couple of weeks.
    Anonymous

• Mine didn't hurt at all. I had it done the day after having DD.
    Anonymous