measuring my belly?

what kind of measuring tape does the doc use to measure? can i do this at home too? just curious. How do they know how big the baby is? HA if you can not tell I am ready to have this little stinker ;)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:09 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• they mesure the top of your uterus to the pelvic bone. is supposed to match how many weks you are. and eys you can do it at home if you know how to find the topof your uterus, i think is called the fundus. . so if you are 24 wks you should measure 24 cm . but is not alwyas accurate. as long as the number isnt that much of a difference then doctors dont worry. like if you are 30 wks but measuring 26 then doctors worry or if you are 30 wks but measuring 34 then they worry about a big baby
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:21 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Each week is 1 cm. So a soft measuring tape used for making clothes and such.
    mommacierra

Answer by mommacierra at 3:22 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I actually have one of the measuring tapes my OB used. My DH was playing around w/ it at 1 of my prenatal checks & forgot to put it down. And its just like a tape used to measure clothing sizes.
    Anonymous