Whens did you using curse words around family/friends?

I was in the 9th grade and I had invited two friends from elementary school over to hang out. As I picked up the video cassette (before the streamlined DVD ever existed), it fell from my hand and landed edge down on my foot. I had a total out of body experience in the same way that little Ralphie did in "A Christmas Story". I too said not the word I was hoping to have said. "Fudge" did not come from my lips. They react and go "what! " and an angel like you uses that naughty of a word. The Two friends attended St. Mary's School and attending a private Catholic school, at least for us, meant that we didn't use foul language.
My parents never heard me swear until I came home for Columbus Day weekend as a freshman in college. I figured by that time I was 19 years old and, in all honestly, I'd been hearing my mother curse like a sailor for years. We're Italian. That's the quiet understanding we all have in our family.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I might have accidentally said a curse word when I was older and married but never even thought about it when I was a kid or a teen,.I think it depends on what your parents are like. Mine didn't swear. I think once my Grandma said the :S" word and she was so embarrassed.LOL. It was a pretty clean living family. Like Father Knows best or Ozzie and Harriet. LOL.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 3:53 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I was 16 an i started cussin all the time in front of my mom i was just not aloud to say f*ck
    mommyof2boysmd

Answer by mommyof2boysmd at 4:08 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I started to curse out loud around friends family ands chool at a young age because everyone did in my family and i still do at this day. I dont care what anyone thinks of me. im not some lazy ass woman who trailer trash. I just choose to curse because it comes out naturally out of my mouth even when im very happy! i dont do it in front of my kisd school or my kids. if i was hanging out with my husbands friends (soldiers) then i will cuz they do too curse
    Anonymous

• i don't. i rarely cuss..& when i do its usually durign a football game lol. now that i have Caleb though i just say things like darn it or crap lol
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 4:36 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I do my best not to cuss. The first time I did in front of my parents was when I totaled out my car at 16. I said "I F-ed my car up daddy" I was so scared. I also said pissed once in front of him. I try not to cuss at all. Although on halloween I called my husband a fatass in front of the preacher at church.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 2:01 AM on Nov. 6, 2009