water for my one month old

My son has acid reflux pretty bad and hes on zantac, he has cereal in his formula, and is on a wedge, but he still gets those nasty tasting burps after a feeding that people get when they have acid reflux and after i've done burped him. they last until his next feeding so is it ok to give him just a little bit of water?

suckedintolife

Asked by suckedintolife at 3:30 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my niece was on zabtac and it was dissolve in 1 oz of water. bythe wya water can be toxic for lil babies.soif you do give him wtaer keep it at like 1 oz
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:33 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• zantac*
    piwife

• Cereal in a bottle can choke a baby (whether recommended by a ped or not), and water can be toxic for babies under 6 months - even small amounts.

Neither of these things will do your son any favors.
    The natural way to help your child without putting him at risk (as you are right now) - is to re-lactate. He, and his health is worth the effort.
    Anonymous

• Oh good GOD, RELACTATING won't do her refluxing child ANY favors either, reflux has to do with the esophageal sphinter and NOT the food. And i'm sorry a tiny bit of cereal in a bottle is NOT going to choke a child anymore than breast milk or formula will. The only correct information is that water is NOT recomended for new borns. Just keep the child on zantac and keep him upright after each feeding
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 3:38 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• i havn't breast fed and when i tried he wont'l atch on and the ped. did recommend the cereal and if they thought giving him cereal would harm him they wouldn't have recommended it i just wanted to know about the water not get yelled at for what his doc. said
    suckedintolife

Answer by suckedintolife at 3:39 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• THANK YOu ZAKYSMOMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    suckedintolife

Answer by suckedintolife at 3:41 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Give him only an ounce if that of water. Babies have a higher chance of getting water intoxication then adults do and that's why they recommend you not giving your child water. I would call his Pedi and make sure that it is okay with them. However, in my opinion an ounce should be alright.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:43 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• dnt listen to anno she is and idiot. i bf my son and he was onzabtacfor 3 mts cuz of reflx. i didnt do cereal cuzhis want so bad but my sister did to cereal in the bottle by doctors orders

ANON 35 LEARN WHAT ACID REFLUX IS!!
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:43 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• piwife, learn how to spell, or at least how to click the "spell check" button.
    Anonymous

• Wow some ppl are just dumb! anyways i personaly would not use water but ya can call his doc an run it by him im sure just an oz will be fine! gl
    Anonymous