What is wrong with me today ?

Today I am feeling like everyone in the world is a better Mom and wife than me . I am feeling sad and weepy about it . I have a friend that has 5 boys all of which are in school and she is amazing . The woman finds to time to do everything, including helping with all of their classes in school and running them all to football . I evny her so much . I only have 1 little girl and struggle to get the dishwasher loaded , and I am a SAHM . I have decided to be determinded to be a better wife and Mom. I just hope I still feel this way tomorrow.

sarbreen28

Asked by sarbreen28 at 3:31 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It sounds like you need to get out of the house without your children. Have a girls night out or go to Barnes and Noble, treat yourself to a mocha and spend some alone time reading. When I feel like this one of the two options listed above help out tremendously. Good luck! I hope you feel better soon.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 3:57 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• OP-I know exactly how you feel, my sis has 3 kids all in school and it's amazing how they juggle schedules, but what I have learned is that her kids are TRAINED, and our kids are "in training". One day we will be just like them, LOL! It is crazy when you are used to having dinner and laundry or dishes done just to struggle all day and find that little gets accomplished. But there is more to life than house-keeping and schedules. It's important to teach our kids love, patience, kindness, etc. and what we are doing is important, too. Off I go to get little one to nap, LOL! Hugs, Mama!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 4:02 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I have been feeling this way for months now. If I go onto my Facebook account, I see all my old friends talking about how happy they are. I never get time away from the kids. I am growing to resent my kids. I want to get a job, but the most I will make is $13.00 an hour and with daycare, we would only have an extra $200-300 a month. I can't stand to take my kids anywhere. I have a gym membership I am not using because I hate getting them ready, packed, and dealing with their dithering around..You are not alone. I know I have to be happy to be a good parent, but I am having a hard time.
    Anonymous

• I'm a SAHM and am lucky if I can have myself bathed everyday and my child out of his pajamas. If I don't drink some coffee in the morning I'm barely functionable. Everyone operates on a different level. Just because you aren't soccer mom of the year doesn't mean you aren't a good mother. Many of my friends manage to "do it all". Keep a clean house, fix a five course meal every night, work, go to the gym, etc. Me? Well, I do one or two things really well and that's it. I pick up the house in the evenings, get myself dressed during my LO's nap, and do little things in the house here and there. I cook big meals twice a week so that I have some leftover for inbetween nights, we get take out on fridays and the weekends me and hubby cook together. I would rather spend time with my child than be "perfect" and if that's all I can manage, sobeit.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 4:53 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Having said that there are still days that I feel like a horrible lazy mother because I lose my patience (internally) with my child when he is into everything, or won't eat, etc......or because I only sweep/mop & vacuum once a week and my friend does it everyday.......or because I spend time on Cafemom........or because I don't work and I have two friends that do and still seem to manage it all..........The list can really go on and on. It usually gets worse around my period. Devote your time to your family but understand that you need a little time to yourself too. Cafemom time really is helpful, and if you can call in a grandparent for a couple of hours in the evening or the afternoon on the weekend, do it, it's okay.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 4:56 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• You are not alone. I feel like that alot and I only have my 10mo old at home with me. I can't seem to get anything done...she'ws going through a phase where she won't eat half the time...she up a zillion times at night and to make matters worse I do everything for her and the one she wants to hold her or the one she cries for when he leaves the room is my husband..I get really frustrated and feel like she hates me and I am a terrible mom.
    Rhoni1010

Answer by Rhoni1010 at 8:34 PM on Nov. 5, 2009