starting my period

i was wandering how long after having a baby do you start your period? because i wanna get the meriena and can't get it until i start but my insurance runs out in novemeber so i wanna try and get it before than so i'm hoping i start before than does anyone have any ideas?

suckedintolife

Asked by suckedintolife at 3:32 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Health

• Depends whether you are breastfeeding or not. I got the Merina 6 weeks postpartum and had no problems with it. It was what the doc recommended.
    Anonymous

• The average for breastfeeding mothers is 14 months after birth, if you're breastfeeding fully. It's sooner for moms who don't breastfeed at all (usually 4-8 weeks) and for moms who are not fully breastfeeding.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 3:40 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• definitely depends.

#1 it was back around 12months pp.
    #2 10months
    and #3 about 14months
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:43 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• sorry forgot to put that in lol i'm not breastfeeding lol
    suckedintolife

Answer by suckedintolife at 3:43 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• anywhere from 4-8 weeks if you're not BF

just to note, i EFB and never had the benefit of a delay in the return of my cycle. with all of them, it was back within 5 weeks... that is not always true. wish i was one of you lucky ones!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:53 PM on Nov. 5, 2009