am I over-paranoid about this?

back in '06 I was arrested for a dui and ordered a breathalizer be put in my car once I get some things done first. well everything was completed. I graduated from dui school and gave the local dmv the certificate and they asked if i could pay the reinstatement fee which I did, and they told me was my license was reinstated . I asked my P.O. and a lawyer "what about the breathalizer". they both told me they weren't sure and a court order is a court order, however, since I paid the fines and according to the dept of driver services nothing else was pending, everything is fine and perhaps the court order was cancelled. wouldnt the breathalizer order be in my records? or is it floating around somewhere and they will "catch on" in a few years? I called the court and they didnt really tell me anything was pending.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If the courts said nothing was coming up then it's all fine a you should have nothing to worry about. Good for you for turning you life around. We are human and we all do make mistakes. Stupid ones at that :~) Have a great day.
    Anonymous

• OP HERE: before you all judge me and bash me, lemme just add, that this incident was before I was a mother, I was younger and with the wrong crowd...I have since changed. I no longer drink and I would never do anything this stupid again to harm myself or my family. I learned my lesson and wish I made better decisions back then! :)
    Anonymous

• thank you anon 3:51! cant you tell this scared the pants off me? 3 years ago and i'm still paranoid because I REALLY learned my lesson lol
    Anonymous

• OP ~ I agree with Anon :51 about the court. Did you get copies of all your legal papers just in case?
    By the way, everyone makes mistakes so no one has room to judge another.
    I think it is commendable the way you are facing your past and making it right so you can move forward.
    I wish you all the best!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 4:25 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• OP here, prydferthmenyw: yes back when the case was open they gave me all the paperwork and I have it filed.
    Anonymous

• If you have copies of all of the paperwork you should be fine. You could try going down to the local police station and have them pull your information just in case. Or maybe call an attorney to ask for advice. Other than that all I have to say is that it gladdens my heart to no end that you've turned your life around. So many times have I seen someone given a second chance only to squander it. Kudos to you. Maybe you could write a journal post that would encourage others who may be currently where you were three years ago so that they could see the example you have set by overcoming the odds. Even though it wasn't the intent of your post, thank you for sharing.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 4:48 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• if it was your first and only DUI you shouldnt have to have the breathalizer in your car, unless maybe you were underage or it was a more serious offense. First timers usually just have fines and probation and have to go to DUI school and have their license suspended for 4 months and only allowed a work permit...i had one last summer..but mine was a refusal just because the officer wouldnt tell me what i blew and he wanted me to keep doing it i told him i wasnt drunk and wasnt gonna keep playing his little game so he took me to jail...they never even asked me if i wanted a test when i got to jail. Its like being in mayberry where i live
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:46 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• no shay it was my 2nd. SO looked up some information on laws in this state and he told me the breathalizer was supposed to be installed after the year of suspension, then the person can get full driving privelidges after the sentence (my case was a year of the breathalizer). but it was supposed to be in the system. the dmv would have bene notified that I had to get it installed before reinstating my license, but this wasnt the case with me....so I'm in the clear!
    Anonymous