doctor said baby measuring big?

has anyone eles heard this before? They gave me an ultrsound for 2 weeks from now and said the baby measuring big what does this mean?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:55 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Ultrasounds can be off as far as the estimate of the babies weight. But if accurate it means you may be trying to birth a larger than average baby.

With my 38 week ultrasound with my son the tech said according to measurements he was "AT LEAST 10 pounds" I had him via c-section less than a week later....

....He was 6 pounds 10 ounces.....yeah really "at least 10 pounds" my foot.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:59 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Did they say the baby or that you are measuring big so the baby might be big? I was measuring big so I had an u/s to see if the baby was big and I ended up just having extra fluid.
    Anonymous

• that the baby is big. basically ifthe baby is to bog they will either induced you or c-section. but sometimes doctors are wrong.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:59 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• That you have a big baby. What do you not understand? Your due date may be moved up cause you may be further a long then what they told you.

Anonymous

• ended up just having extra fluid.

me too and my baby was 6 lbs. i had so much fluid i swolled up really bad
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 4:00 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• It could mean that your EDD(estimated due date) was incorrect and you are further along in your pregnancy than thought, there may be a possibility of gestational diabetes, or maybe your baby is just measuring large. You Dr. should have explained all the reasons for this. Don't worry just yet! =) good luck.
    Anonymous

• I measured a month ahead during my whole pregnancy, Jett was 7 pounds 11 ounces.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 4:01 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• You can't necessarily go off what the u/s says. Mine said he was around 8 lbs and I had him at 39 weeks and he was 10 lbs 1 oz. Don't worry too much yet! Good luck and congrats!
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 4:07 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• At 39 weeks I (my belly) was measuring 42 weeks. So I was induced and my daughter came out 8 pounds 12 ounces.
    mommacierra

Answer by mommacierra at 4:23 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• ultrasound weight measurements are NOTORIOUS for being wrong, they can be off by as much as 2 plus pounds up or down from the number they give you, its all just a guestamate, its not like they can take just the baby and put him/her on a scale and get an accurate reading.

I wouldnt put too much stock in it. Just be confident that you CAN birth your baby no matter if he/she is 5 lbs or 10 lbs. that your body is DESIGNED to give birth.
    GOOD LUCK!!!!!
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 4:41 PM on Nov. 5, 2009