how can i get him to talk to me?

we talk, but he doesnt tell me the things that are on his mind...
like he doesnt tell me everything. but i try my best to tell him.
he thinks i'll be mad. i tell him, i'll get over it.
how do i get him to want to talk more open w/ me? about anything and everything?
please give me lots of advise. real advise.

krisew90

Asked by krisew90 at 4:12 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• Sounds to me like you're doing all the right things. Just tell him you want the truth at all times...and tell him the things that ARE dealbreakers.

"If you tell me you're having an affair, we're through. If you tell me you blew our savings on baseball cards, you're picking up a second job until you pay it all back. ANYTHING ELSE? I won't even blink."

Choose what YOUR triggers are, tell him about them, and then live up to it.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:18 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• It sounds like he might have something to hide. Maybe there is a good reason or what he sees as a good reason to keep things from you. I think pp advice was good advice.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 4:28 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Men don't spill their guts the same way women do. If you want to know what a man is thinking, you have to learn to listen to him when he is talking and hear what he is really saying. Men speak in codes. He's telling you what he feels and thinks, but unless you really get to know your man, you will never hear a word he is saying. Even then, you don't learn these things overnight. It takes a really long time of studying and paying really close attention to learn his deepest thoughts but man oh man, is it ever fun!!!!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:35 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• nanny b is right, men and women are diff when it comes to sharing stuff. ok you go to the store, you can tell him about the ride thwre, your hair, how the kids acted, how you felt about the kids and their behavior, how the streets were crowded...etc etc...a guy? he just says"I went to the store" lol they dont talk detail like we do about theuir feelings or anything else. Please dont assume he is hiding something, thats oparanoia not fact. ask HIM what you can do to make him feel more comfortable expanding on your conversations and the mosst important thing...as nanny b said, be sure to really listen to him. listen even when he isnt saying a word. :o)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 6:31 PM on Nov. 5, 2009