Do your little ones watch Sesame Street. My keyboard wont let me type a question mark. Sorry.

Oh, and did you watch it when you were little. I did. The show is 40 years old now and so am I. When I was little they didnt have much kids shows. My kids watched it when they were toddlers. My older one loved Elmo.

sweetmom1007

Asked by sweetmom1007 at 4:18 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• This one is for you Sweetmom aka Elaine:
    Romper bomper stomper boo, tell me tell me tell me true. Magic mirror tell me today, have all my friends had fun at play? I see ELAINE, and Owl Feather and Momrocks/Kim and all the other cafe mom's out there!

There ya go! Have a great day!
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 5:27 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Sesame Street was 'born' the same year as me too! I watched it when I was little and my children did when they were little. My youngest is 16 and I think the last time she saw Sesame Street she was babysitting. : )
    Anonymous

• yes OP! when I was little, romper room was my show of choice, but when I got a little older I watched sesame street! we had a b&w tv :) I miss the 80's shows! it just isnt the same anymore. my son does watch it and he loves elmo's world!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:34 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• My baby 15 months LOVES it.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 5:01 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• To Owl Feather, I used to love Romper Room too. She never said my name when she looked in the mirror. My name is Elaine.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 5:06 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I watched it when I was little and now my son does too. They even still have a few of the human characters I remember like Maria, Gordon & Bob. It's interesting to see how the show has evolved over time and what has stayed the same.
    zorrokat

Answer by zorrokat at 5:16 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Yes, I am also the age that I grew up on Sesame Street. I went to a childrens museum in San Jose, Ca and they had some of the props on display there. I had my pic taken on the "steps" by Oscars trash can going up to Bert and Ernies. It was a huge thrill for me! Oh, did I mention that I was a mom at the time, not a child!? Didn't matter, a thrill is a thrill, no matter your age! Also a big fan of Miss Marianne and good ol Romer Room. That stinks that she never saw you Elaine! My name is Kim and I remember her saying MY name. My personal fave was Mr. Rogers though. Still is... thanks for the walk down memory lane Sweetmom!
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 5:24 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Yes. We're even going to Sesame Street Live! in a few weeks. We're all terribly excited.
    Anonymous

• Sesame Street came out when I was too old for it, but my younger sister and all three of my girls watched it.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 7:00 PM on Nov. 5, 2009