Chicken noodle soup in a crock pot?

Anyone have a good recipe for one My dh and kids are all sick and I wanted to make them a good soup.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:18 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Cook your chicken, or if it's precooked, chop or shred it. Throw in the cp with chopped celery, carrots, and onion. Add some minced garlic if you have it, otherwise garlic powder or garlic salt (not too much) will do. Cover with chicken broth/stock. Cook on high for a few hours, til veggies are tender. I personally cook my chicken in the cp first - season, a little olive oil, some water (for stock), and some of the veggies for flavor in the stock. When it's (the soup) done, throw in some pasta or rice and keep cookign til pasta/rice is done. Serve. I find it faster to cook it on the stove though, even if I'm not feeling so hot.
    Anonymous

• You might want to do it on the stove instead...it'll be faster and the noodles won't go mushy. I unfortunately am at work without cookbook!

Answer by gdiamante at 4:23 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I'd follow this recipe then cook the noodles and add them just before serving. I've made this soup and it's great!

http://www.recipezaar.com/Crock-Pot-Chicken-Vegetable-Soup-Nothin-Fancy-Just-Yummy-289252

michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 4:49 PM on Nov. 5, 2009