How old were your kids when they stopped taking naps?

And how did you know they didn't need them anymore or if they were just being stubborn?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:22 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• all three quit around 18 months.

I just didnt' want to fight them to get them to stay in bed for a nap. #3 was especially hard as her sisters were in school 1/2day and full day school so any nap time would have been interrupted.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 4:38 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• My daughter will be 3 in a few months and stopped "napping" 5/6 months ago - BUT she does still spend 1 hour in her room for "quiet time" each and every day. Any time we have said"oh, she doesn't even sleep, she can miss a day just this once. . . .. " she has turned into a mini-monster :)
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 5:57 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Around 3- 3 1/2.

They just stopped going to sleep. They'd sit in the room and either play or complain rather than fall asleep.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:12 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• My son is two and a half, and he's had one nap in the last week. I wish he would continue, especially since I'm sick this week. lol But I'm wondering if he's ready to give it up. On days he doesn't nap, he's ready for bed by 7 or 8, on days that he DOES nap, he won't fall asleep till 11pm at times. He used to take a two hour nap AND go to bed at 8:30. Thing is though, is that he looks tired at noon. He's just acting stubborn to me, but he just may not need it now.

He's my first, so I have no clue what I'm doing! lol

I'll try the quiet time thing.... we'll see how that goes.

Thanks!

OP
    Anonymous