Mirena

for the women who use the mirena, can you feel the srting, how far up do you have to reach before you can feel the string, i got mine in place yesterday and i can't feel the string? should i be worried

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i hated the mirena had it for 2 mnths and gained 12 lbs! u check after each period. i have had mirena removed for 1 mnth now and have lost 15 lbs !
    ashley_nick30

Answer by ashley_nick30 at 4:39 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• u are suppose to fell it it dnt feel like a string tho .. it feel like a pointy object
    ashley_nick30

Answer by ashley_nick30 at 4:40 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• For nearly a year and a half I couldn't feel my string and after having to pay a big dr bill just to have them tell it was there shortly after I had it in, I refused to go back. After about a year and a half I became pregnant and the dr couldn't find the thing at all!
    Anonymous

• Its not that far up. Not that it hangs out but you can still feel it tho. I've had mine in for 7 wks and so far i'm not too thrilled w/ it. I've had bad cramps on and off, and spotting all the time. Its definitely preventing me from getting pregnant again, I can tell you that much! I'm debating if I should get it removed or not.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 4:50 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I took it out today i better lose this stupid 15 pounds i gained. My hubby could feel it but he's a huge african guy. If you can't feel it go get it checked. I couldnt feel it when i felt for it but he could each time we had sex.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 4:57 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I have the merina and love it... no weight gain no period, my fiance is also well endowed lol but he can't feel the string... I have to really put my fingers up ther (tmi sorry) and I feel the string but it's curled up
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 6:08 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I have the mirena and love it. Have only had one period. I can only feel the string up far (next to my cervix).
    LSteckowski

Answer by LSteckowski at 6:12 PM on Nov. 5, 2009