Leaning?

7 and a half months, holds her head up, but leans to the right all the time, has not sat up yet, does not crawl. Does anyone know what might be wrong? If anything? (Head seems to be leaning towards the right, doesn't hold her head up as well as other 7 month old]

Cowbell88

Asked by Cowbell88 at 4:38 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• its called torticollis... my daughter had this really bad until she was 9 or 10 months old.. I took her to the doctor many times and they didn't think anything of it until I found it online. I went back to the doctor and brought it up to him and he said yup thats exactly what it is.. he said 7 out of 10 babies have it and their parents dont do anything about it.. its a muscle in their neck that is shortened on one side or tighter.. I brought my daughter to physical therapy about 4 times and we did stretches from home and now her head is perfectly straight.. It can lead to something serious when your baby gets older so please treat it right away.. Im in nursing school right now and we just learned about it and more babies have it then you realize.. Hope that helps!
    casper4991

Answer by casper4991 at 9:30 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• she's her own person. My son didn't start crawling til 8 months. He's now taken to walking really well! He'll be 1 in 10 days. But it's not that big of a deal all babies develop at their own rate
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 4:58 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• What does the pediatrician say?
    Anonymous