Why are Mom's groups so hard to deal with?

I have been part of 2 "natural" Mom's groups & they both appear to be run by Mom's who seem to need complete control. I know I'm the common denominator in this situation & that I have a low tolerance for BS, but what gives with Moms who start groups? Are they all like this or is there hope for a drama-free group? Or should I be glad I'm not a mega control freak? I just want to hang with some other like-minded Moms, learn a few things & have some fun.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:44 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• lol I have a group you might like, small fun and we actually like each other. not natural moms or breastfeeders or any ONE type...just some moms who hang out. let me know and I can send the link. :o)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 4:47 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Because some women, no matter what their parenting/lifestyle philosophies, are insecure harpies who aren't happy unless they're telling another mother that she's doing something "wrong" and/or bragging about what they're doing "right". These are the ones who also feel a need to control everything and do it more "perfectly" than anyone else. Factor in the anonymity of the Internet and you bring out the worst in people. Just don't take it personally, it's their problem not yours. I'm sure you'll find a drama-free group that's a better fit for you.
    Anonymous

• Ew, really good answer anon! I was just going to say get out of those groups and keep looking until you find a better fit. I have found a lot of really nice mom's here on CM as well as some of the ones you are mentioning (ahem) but anon's answer is better! It's easy enough to delete a group and who needs the negativity?? That is NOT why we come to CM and you deserve better! Good luck! : )
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 5:33 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Oh no, these have both been local "in-person' groups run by 2 different, total control freaks who pretend to be nicey-nice but are major controlling beatches when it comes down to it. Sick of petty BS
    Anonymous

• Thanks momrocks1000.....unfortunately, these are in-person groups. on-line is great, but I need face-to-face human interaction.
    awallrising

Answer by awallrising at 5:49 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• sounds like all the groups I've ever been a part of.

which is why I'm no longer in any groups.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 6:10 PM on Nov. 5, 2009