Disliking Exercise...

but not wanting to.

I know its important but does anyone just plain dislike it? I always hear how people have so much more energy and all that but I dont. Im worn out and exhausted and pis*y afterwards.

How do you get the umph to do something you dislike? The only exercise Ive ever enjoyed much of is walking but I know I need more than to do that to get the weight off and such.

Ideas?? tia...

Amaranth361

Asked by Amaranth361 at 4:56 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I just posted about this in another question - check out some of the Walk Away the Pounds dvd's. It's walking, but you don't have to make excuses for bad weather. No matter how procrastinationy (is that a word? it is now) I am about working out, I can convince myself to do that one because it feels easy even though my monitor says it's not and burns just as much as some of my boot camp dvd's.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:31 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• You just put your big girl panties on, then your sneakers, then go work out.
    Anonymous

• I HULA HOOP! it's a wonderful cardiovascular exercise and is so much fun! it tones up every part of your body and is a great stress releaser! I always have upbeat music on when I hoop. I get a work out and the chance to dance around :)
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 5:05 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Actually, I don't think you need more than walking to lose weight. If you eat healthier and walk everyday you will lose weight. Now getting toned that is different. Good luck though.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 6:02 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I wasn't that big onit 7 then I joined the gym & liked it alot better. I would mix things up, do the eliptical one day & then the treadmill or bike the next. Then I would try & do an aerobics class once or twice a week. I really like the zumba, which is dancing, but it is great exercise.
    Anonymous

• OHHH is that what Zumba is? Ive seen people mention it but not what it is exactly LOL.

Thx for the definition.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:40 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• Thx to the ladies who gave me constructive ideas.
    Appreciate your efforts to help.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:17 PM on Nov. 6, 2009