Pope John Paul I?

There was a pope who died shortly after becoming pope which lead to Pope John Paul II. Does anyone one know his full name? How long he was pope and cause of death?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:59 PM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• He was elected pope in August of 1978 and died about one month later. His name was Pope John Paul I, his birth name was Albino Luciani.

Here is a link: http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/john_paul_i/biography/documents/hf_jp-i_bio_01021997_biography_en.html

erdavh

Answer by erdavh at 5:17 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• He was found dead in his bed and was presumed to have died from a heart attack. No autopsy was done so those who delight in conspirarcy theories have decided that he was murdered.

erdavh

Answer by erdavh at 5:21 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• He was Pope for 33 days.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:40 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• LOL "The Pope Died Stew"!

This stuff my mom used to make. And every time Fr. John Rasmussen (a childhood friend of my dad's) has eaten it in my parent's house...A POPE HAS DIED!  John XXIII, Paul VI, John Paul I...she was 3 for 3! 

So then when JP II was ailing, we were all "Have Fr. John over and make the dang stew, Mom!  End the pour guy's suffering!" 

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 10:45 PM on Nov. 5, 2009